Create a wonderful party atmosphere with special and eye-catching balloon arrangements such as flowers, arches, and bouquets. Use helium balloons for a fun floaty effect or try personalized photo balloons and balloon decoration ideas to create an expensive and professional appearance.
How to Make Balloon Flowers and Bouquets
A balloon bouquet is a popular centerpiece for tables and the easiest decoration to create at home. Most bouquets are between three and seven helium balloons and are tied to curling ribbons. It is best to arrange them in different heights to avoid a clumped effect.
More expensive decorations can be made by adding custom printed balloons or mylar options. If a longer lifespan is required for the display then mylar balloons are ideal as they float up to fourteen days, while latex balloons usually last around twenty-four hours. “Hi-float” makes it possible to make them last up to twenty-five times longer but is also expensive in terms of cost.
This video shows how to make a simple balloon flower using six or eleven balloons. The method is easy to master and creates interesting results with scope for more complex flower designs with more balloons.
Tips on How to Make Balloon Arches
A colorful, airy balloon arch around a doorway or seating area creates a spectacular display. The arch can be as tall and wide as desired with the correct accessories (balloons, fishing wire, and adequate weights.) Choose balloons according to the party theme colors, or if on a budget, try a cheap bag of multicolored balloons for a rainbow effect.
This instructional video demonstrates in detail how to make an attractive arch using Hi-Float and helium balloons. Note that it is not a good idea to move the balloons much once they’ve been twisted and placed on the cord/string as there is a chance they may pop.
Balloon Twisting With Modeling Balloons
Mastering some simple balloon modeling techniques will open up more options when creating shapes from balloons. Always twist in the same direction (about three or four times) and hold the end working towards the nipple as each twist uses up that space. It can take practice to work out how much of the balloon to leave deflated before creating shapes.
Modeling balloons can be used to wrap balloon arrangements, add petals and stalks or simply join separate flowers together. Cool shapes can be made by twisting different colors together.
Cool Balloon Decoration Ideas
Surprise party guests with unexpected special effects. There are a number of effects that professional decorators use that can be created easily under a tight budget. Here are some ideas:
- Stuffed Balloons – Use two slightly different-sized balloons and inflate one inside the other. It is best to choose a transparent outer balloon. Other items can be stuffed inside balloons from small toys to paper streamers.
- Balloon Lights – Striking small balloon lights can enhance the simplest balloon display and good quality ones will flicker or stay on depending on what effect you desire.
- Personalized Balloons – Photo balloons can be purchased online though they can be expensive. Try buying a plain foil balloon and stenciling a message using metallic paint markers or diamante letter stickers.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Balloons – Stuff a glow stick or two into a transparent balloon for an attractive glow in low-light places.
- Decorative Additions – Adding glittery butterfly decorations, tinsel, feathers, and fake flowers can easily create a beautiful arrangement.
Mastering simple methods such as balloon twisting and using the above tips on how to make balloon flowers and arches for amazing arrangements for any special occasion; from birthdays to weddings. Add custom printed balloons to a bouquet to personalize them or simply add accessories like feathers, lights, and tinsel for a professional-looking display.