A small chest is a common concern for women of all ages. Some fashion styles today are actually easier to wear if you have a small chest. Never think of yourself as being inadequate because of your chest; instead, consider the best ways to show off the body that you’ve been given. But there are a variety of ways that you can dress to make your small chest appear larger.
7 Tips To Make Your Small Chest Appear Bigger
While there is no way to make your breasts actually grow, you can take steps to make your small bust appear larger. Try these tips and tricks to create the illusion of bigger breasts!
1. Structure and Shape
Wear garments that fit properly and support your chest. Wearing loose or baggy clothing will make your breasts look smaller. Look for tops that are fitted in the bust and have built-in support, like underwire bras.
Make sure your clothes are well-tailored. Having clothes that fit you properly will make a big difference in the appearance of your chest. If you’re not sure if a top or dress fits, try it on and stand sideways in front of a mirror. The clothing should follow the line of your body, including your chest and breasts, without sagging or bunching.
2. Light Colors
Choose light colors and fabrics. Wearing dark colors or heavy fabrics will make your chest look smaller. Stick to light colors and sheer or flowy fabrics to create the illusion of larger breasts.
3. Padded Bra
For any woman to look her best in clothes, a well-fitting bra is essential. When you have a smaller chest, a proper bra can help lift and enhance you so that your chest is more noticeable when you want it to be. Padding or push-up styles of bras can help if you really feel that you want a little more bounce in your bosom.
Use a padded or structured bra to create the appearance of larger breasts. If you don’t want to wear bras with padding all the time, try wearing them as part of your outfit in order to give your chest a boost. For example, wear a strapless dress or top with a built-in structured bra for an event.
4. Breast Lift Tape
Breast lift tape, also called boob tape, is a type of adhesive that can be used to temporarily lift the breasts. It’s often used as an alternative to bras, or in addition to bras, to create the appearance of larger, fuller breasts. The tape is applied directly to the skin and helps to “lift” the breasts up and together for a more perky, youthful look.
Use contouring and highlighting techniques to create the illusion of bigger breasts. Contouring is a makeup technique that uses shading to create the illusion of depth and dimension. You can use this technique on your chest to make your breasts look larger. Highlighting involves using a light-colored product, like concealer or highlighter, on areas you want to draw attention to. In this case, you would use a light-colored product on the tops of your breasts to make them appear larger.
6. Draw Focus
Since small bosoms do not always grab attention on their own, you are free to experiment with styles that help draw more focus to your chest. Some ways to do this include:
- Plunging neckline: Wearing a low-cut top or dress will help to show off your cleavage and make your breasts look bigger.
- Embellishment: A shirt or dress with embellishment such as rhinestones, studs, or embroidery along the bust will help to draw more focus to this area.
- Ruffles: Ruffles or other voluminous details in the fabric can help add volume if you need to balance out a wider bottom half.
- High collars: It may seem a little backward, but high collars actually help emphasize the chest. Choose turtlenecks or mandarin collars to help draw attention to your figure.
- Statement necklaces: Wearing a necklace that draws attention to your chest will help to make your breasts look bigger. Look for necklaces with large pendants or multiple strands.
7. Consider Surgery
Consider getting breast augmentation surgery (aka a “boob job”). While this isn’t an option for everyone, some women opt to get breast implants in order to achieve the look they desire. This is a decision that should be made carefully with the help of a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Things to Avoid
There is nothing wrong with having a small chest, but at times it does mean that you have to be careful about the things you choose. The wrong clothing choice can cause your chest to get lost in the shape. This is actually fine sometimes if you are going for a long, lean, stick-straight effect. Unless you are, though, you should try to avoid the following items:
- Oversize cardigans: their oversize nature coupled with a chunky style means that smaller curves are likely to get lost. You can do oversize cardigans that are thinner and more fitted, but stay away from chunky varieties.
- Box-cut button-downs: a small chest actually makes it incredibly easy for you to wear a button-down shirt. However, because of your small chest, you want to look for shirts that offer some feminine seaming or details. Avoid boy-cut button-downs, because they can really flatten you out.
When you know how to show off a small chest to its full potential, it is easier for you to have fun playing with fashion and style.
Making your small chest appear larger can be a challenge, but it’s not impossible! With the right clothing and accessories, you can create the appearance of larger breasts.