Swimsuit season is fast approaching. For most women, it can be a scary thing to go shopping for a swimsuit. It can be even scarier to wear one in public. Here are some tips for you to follow to find that perfect suit and look your best on the beach.
9 Swimsuit Tips For All Body Types
- When buying a two-piece bathing suit, make sure that there is plenty of coverage on the bottom to prevent rear and side exposure.
- Check the side of your bikini top to make sure that you have enough support for your chest.
- When choosing a string bikini, choose a style that you can tie yourself to adjust the fit of the suit.
- You can wear a bold pattern, as long as the cut on the suit flatters you.
- When buying a one-piece opt for a scoop neck or a v-neck and not the high styles that athletes wear to swim in.
- A thong is never ok unless you are a supermodel and even then it’s a maybe.
- If you really feel self-conscious about wearing a suit, buy a cute sarong or sundress to cover up.
- Look for separates if you are two different sizes on the top and bottom.
- If you are going to be active in the suit, choose a suit that will stay in place.
If You’re Pear-Shaped…
Keep the focus on your top half with bright patterns and colors on top and plain colors on the bottom if you have a pear shape body. Wide-set straps help balance out your shoulders to your hips. Dark bottoms with a slightly high-cut leg will help downplay hips and thighs while elongating the legs.
If You’re Curvy…
Shopping for a swimsuit when you’re curvy can be a confidence-boosting experience with the right tips in mind. Look for swimsuits for curves with ample support, such as underwire or built-in bras, to provide comfortable and flattering coverage. Embrace styles that highlight your curves, like high-waisted bottoms and wrap-style tops. Additionally, don’t shy away from vibrant patterns or bold colors that can accentuate your figure beautifully. Finally, remember that the perfect swimsuit is one in which you feel confident and comfortable, so don’t be afraid to try different styles until you find the one that makes you feel fabulous.
Buy bottoms that ride on the hips. Wear a plus-size suit that has a lot of spandex as it will deliver support and control. Wear a halter top or an x-back top for support.
If You Have A Boy Shape…
A halter top can make a small chest look bigger. So can ruffles. Side ties add a little curve to your hips. Buy bottoms that are low-slung with a high-cut leg to give you more of an hourglass figure.
If You Are Petite…
Show your curves and no one will notice your height. Buy a halter top to bring attention up top to your bust line. Buy a high-cut bottom to lengthen your legs.
If You Are Busty…
Do not buy a string bikini. It does not offer enough support. Halter top bra sized swimsuits provide great support and also looks great. For even more support, go with a swim top with a built in bra with underwires. A wide banded below the bust can help the top stay in place.